Everywhere I go, I’m often asked about who’s on my list of “Top 5 Greatest Boxers of All Time”. To be honest, that’s a tough one. To limit the amazing sport of boxing and narrow it down to just 5 Boxers, I’m sure to leave some out. Yet, here’s my Top 5 Greatest Boxers of All Time:
- Muhammad Ali – It would almost be ridiculous not to have him on ANY list of Top 5 Greatest Boxers of All Time. Muhammad Ali was not only a great boxer inside the ring, but he was such an icon for the civil rights movement outside the ring. He’s simply, the Greatest.
- Sugar Ray Robinson – Sugar Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali were both fighters that I looked up to growing up. But Sugar Ray Robinson, was such a Picture Perfect Fighter and an Entertainer. In my eyes, he was the perfect combination of those two qualities.
- Rocky Marciano – This man brought SO much into the ring for being so little compared to all of the heavyweights. To accomplish all that he’s accomplished, with a record of 49-0 with 43 knockouts, I find it amazing.
- Joe Louis – Joe Louis simply had the heart, the power, and the love of the people. He was such a great Champion that stayed champ for 140 consecutive months with a record 25 title defenses.
- Willie Pep – Any boxer that can win a round without landing a punch deserves to be in my top 5. Willie Pep was a great boxer that fought 1,956 rounds with a final record of 229-11-1 with 65 knockouts. It may be a legend or a myth about Willie Pep winning that third round without landing a punch on Jackie Graves, but even for that to be considered is still amazing to me.